Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Plan Was Simple.

I was going to take November off from drawing & painting so that I could focus on some sculptural stuff that I had neglected. Not actual sculptures but rather small pieces that would grow up to become dimensional elements in mixed media pieces that I had planned. My resolute lasted about a week. Here's what I was up to last night. The backgrounds are monoprints on card, the portrait elements are painted tissue and sewing patterns. I'm digging the textures and translucency. I'm not so sure about the drawn facial features tho.
I tried a bunch of new techniques with these. Painting the tissues was fun. Using the gel medium was fine once I learned how it handles.
Another of my November projects is getting a back catalog of my artwork online. Thing were really scattered as the result of 2 hard drive crashes in the past 3 years. (Remember to back up your work!!!). Now I have most of the stuff in one place and am editing and posting my little heart out. Things are far from tweaked, but you can get a peek at www.faceandbelly.com

Be sure to click to enlarge to see the really cool textures on these.


No comments:

Post a Comment